Estate & Block ManagementFostering relationships between tenants and landlords, with expert management services.
Grace Miller & Co. are specialists in block management and estate management in South West London, Surrey and beyond. We work with Residents Management Companies and Freeholders who are responsible for the management of their development. Our Clients choose to appoint us because we offer a professional and efficient service, tailored to meet their own particular requirements. As part of the block management process we develop procedures to ensure that the estate is managed properly and effectively which means that our Clients feel reassured that everything is being well maintained and working as it should do.
We receive fantastic feedback from our block management Clients because of our personal service, our friendly property managers and our great communication with owners and tenants within our managed blocks.
We are accredited by ARMA, the Association of Residential Managing Agents, and we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for general insurance business.
Our Management Approach
The management and administration of blocks of flats and residential estates requires specialist skills and in-depth legal and technical knowledge. Instructing an experienced and knowledgeable managing agent who can offer you relevant and practical advice is essential to the smooth running of your building.
Our priority is to ensure that the fabric, amenities and services of your block are well maintained. We offer practical, realistic advice to our Clients on all matters concerning the management of their estate. We have extensive knowledge of the complicated legislative issues and administrative procedures involved in estate management, and this enables us to provide a pro-active service that ensures our Clients receive sound advice and the highest levels of attention to detail.
Our service is personal and flexible enough to be able to offer the highest quality of service to Clients both large and small. Our aim is to ensure that you are kept informed and that everything works in your building as you want it to at a cost you have approved.
Our Estate Management Services
We pride ourselves on offering a prompt, friendly, pro-active block management service, tailored to suit each Client's own particular requirements. This would typically include:
- Arranging general day-to-day maintenance and repairs
- Supervising on-site staff and maintenance contractors
- Dealing with residents enquiries
- Supervision of major works and long-term planned maintenance
- Advising on, arranging and renewing insurances
- Administering insurance claims
- Regular attendance on site
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Advising Clients on their obligations and helping them to comply with health and safety legislation
- Taking action for recovery of service charge arrears
- Negotiating, renewing and maintaining specialist maintenance contracts
- Maintaining up-to-date records of leaseholders, tenants and property details
- Liaising with leaseholders and solicitors in connection with the assignment of properties
Estate Management Accounting
- Quick and efficient handling of service charge funds
- Transparent, detailed reporting at an agreed frequency
- Preparation of estimates of service charge expenditure
- Collection of service charges and ground rent
- Payment of service agreements, contractors' invoices and other accounts approved by you
- Payment of staff and maintenance of payroll records
- Collation and presentation of financial information required by your auditors
- Daily processing of all financial transactions with surplus funds being transferred to an interest-bearing account
- Issue formal Notice and Agenda of Annual/Extraordinary General Meetings
- Prepare and issue share/membership certificates upon assignment of leases
- Maintain the Company's statutory records and registers
- Prepare and submit the Company's Annual Return and liaise with Companies House as necessary
- Update and maintain company records
Grace Miller & Co. is accredited by ARMA
- We have the right professional experience
- Your service charge money is being held legally, safely and in trust, as required by law
- We have suitable Professional Indemnity Insurance to give you peace of mind
- We are committed to and bound by professional standards: all ARMA agents must comply with the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code which defines best practice in the sector.